SBI offers an extensive range of credit cards packed with huge arrays of offers to suit the various needs of individuals. IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card is launched in association with IRCTC. So, if you travel by Indian railways very often then consider going for this card.
Features of IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Annual Fee (one-time):Rs. 500
- Renewal Fee (per annum):Rs. 300
- Add-on Fee (per annum): Nil
- 10% Valueback as Reward points in purchasing AC tickets. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 1)
- Foreign currency transaction: Conversion mark up – 3.5%
Benefits of IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Welcome Gift: You get 350 activation bonus Reward Points on single transaction of Rs. 500 or more within 45 days of getting your card. Cash and Fuel spend are not included. Get Rs. 100 cash back on your first ATM cash withdrawal within 30 days of card issuance.
- Limited Period offer: When you apply online for IRCTC SBI Platinum Card then you get BookMyShow voucher worth Rs. 250. Voucher code is send on the receipt of first year annual fee. Offer is valid till 31st May 2019.
- Value Back Benefits:
- When you purchase tickets through irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC and CC then you earn up to 10% Valueback as Reward points.
- You get 1 Reward point for every Rs. 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, as well as railway ticket purchases at irctc.co.in.
- The value of 1 reward point equals Rs.1.
- For redeeming your Reward Points you have to link your IRCTC SBI Card loyalty number with your irctc.co.in login id.
- The ticket booked with rewards points must be reserved 5 days before the journey date.
- Rewards redemption can be done only on confirmed or RAC railway tickets booked for Executive Chair Car, 1st Class AC, AC 2 Tier, AC 2 Tier and AC Chair Car.
- Travel Offers from IRCTC:
- Cardholder can save 1.8% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on irctc.co.in.
- Log on to irctc.co.in and avail exclusive travel privileges. Book your airline tickets with IRCTC at an invincible price.
- Gets wide range of tailor made packages ranging from wildlife, adventure, pilgrimage and leisure tours to diverse places in India.
- Avail accommodation at over 5,000 hotels, covering 350 cities in India
Must Read: SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card Review
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Enjoy freedom from paying the 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India, on transactions of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000. (Exclusive of GST and other charges) Earn maximum surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 per statement cycle per credit card account
- Transaction Charges Waiver: You save 1.8% transaction charges, using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card when you book railway tickets on irctc.co.in. You save Rs. 30 + 2.5% of transaction amount using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card when you book Railway tickets through counters. If you want to cancel any railway ticket booked using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card online on irctc.co.in, then a charge of 1.8% of the total refund amount will be debited to your card.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card: How to get the best maximize value?
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is a perfect card for you if can manage to pay an annual fee of Rs.500. Let’s consider spend of Rs. 1,50,000 in a year:
- You get 1,420 Reward points.
- Savings on Transaction Charges on irctc.co.in: Rs. 360
- Welcome Gift: 350 Points, Bonus Reward points on spending. Rs. 500 or more within 45 days of card insurance.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver is Rs. 1,200
- Hence, Total cash benefits earned: Rs. 1560
- Total Reward Points earned: 1,770
Therefore, IRCTC SBI Platinum Card is a unique credit card brought to you in partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. or IRCTC thereby offering you a reasonable travel experience. You must use this card if you are a constant traveler by train.